Depending on the nature of the particles and the forces acting between them, solids can be classified into different crystal types. By taking into account the spatial arrangement and the type of particle, as well as the crystal type and lattice, it is possible to differentiate structure types. This learning unit offers an introduction to the classification of solids.
- Describe the properties of solids
- Recognize the different types of crystals
- Become familiar with different structure types
- Get an overview of the relationship between the crystal type and the structure type
- Learn the connection between typical properties and the structure of a solid